Author Topic: To publicly declare, or not, your religious belief?  (Read 1904 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
To publicly declare, or not, your religious belief?
« on: May 16, 2015, 06:04:45 AM »
    Recent research revealed that there are more and more agnostics and atheists; I portend a possible undesirable outcome.

Could self-righteous non-deity believers eventually be arrested en mass as were the Jews in Germany? I say "self-righteous" because I find that most agnostics and atheists announce their beliefs with pride, often without being asked.*

Given that history repeats itself, that leaders appear who eventually kill others because of their beliefs and non-beliefs, and, the increasing transparency of our data bases, I have the following consideration—communicated here to preclude it from becoming real:

Any position, Catholicism, Protestantism, Muslim, Judaism, Agnosticism, Atheism, etc. creates (automatically calls-forth) an equal and oppositely powerful position—with its inherently divisive us/them, rights and wrongs. 

When one announces their belief such as agnosticism or atheism (usually with covert condescension and self-righteousness), it triggers a thought that affects how another sees them; often it generates a thought that is only non-verbally communicated (spontaneity is immediately sacrificed for the illusion of harmony). Withholds become the norm in such a relationship.  Contrary to what one believes they are in favor of, simply knowing another's belief creates/reinforces us/them.   i.e, Within a micro-second of finding out that another believes differently, the intimacy of the relationship becomes measured and controlled.

I propose that everyone remain silent about their spiritual or religious belief—that each live one's beliefs rather than talk about them; demonstrate its effectiveness with deeds and neighborliness (without identifying uniforms/adornments).* Refrain from announcing your religious/spiritual beliefs, else you too could be culled. We've seen the effects of communicating—announcing, defining, explaining, labeling and believing oneself to be "Chosen.".

BTW: I've yet to read an account (communicated responsibly, from cause) of the consequences of adopting a belief system in which others are non-verbally invalidated (looked down upon) for not being "Chosen."  We can intuit the effects a communication such as, "I'm Chosen, you're not," would have on a child if it were delivered incessantly, daily, by a self-righteous parent. It's no less abusive to non-verbally treat a neighbor as being less-than; such abuse has its consequence—such as "good Germans" non-verbally standing by.

* Crosses, rosaries (neck wear), hijabs, dreadlocks, skull caps and various identifying hats and robes—all create us/them—each contradicting the professed ideal of oneness. Kudos to some Mormons who wear undergarments that are hidden and therefore don't flaunt/advertise the wearer's faith.

* Divisive questions:

Do you go to church?
    Do you believe in God?
    What church do you go to?
    Do you pray?
    Would you like to pray with me?
    Would you like to come to our service?

Notice that even if you reply, "I'd rather not say" it communicates all the asker needs to know to label you as "Not one of us." Such questions are adversarial us/them dividers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal