Author Topic: VOG - I think I found a solution!  (Read 8487 times)

Sani

VOG - I think I found a solution!
« on: June 22, 2009, 07:14:38 AM »
This is not an ad nor do I have anything to do with this company.  Just thought I would share.  My sister gave me this air purifying CFL product she picked up on Oahu a couple of weeks ago because of my kid's allergies.  I left it in the box for a week because I thought it wouldn't work.  The light bulb is treated with something that makes it clean the air.  Much to my surprise it works better than I could have hoped.  I couldn't believe it.  My son isn't coughing and my wife's eyes are not red any more.  Does anyone know where I can get some more?  I called the store on Oahu and they said they are back ordered with most of the orders going to the Big Island.  Am I the last to know about this???  I guess there must be something to it.  Anyway, the product is Wellnesslight Kids.  If ANYONE knows where I can get it on the Big Island (Kona) let me know PLEASE.  I don't have a credit card or I would buy it online.  I could use a light for our bedroom.  Mahalo, Sani

Kerry

• Administrator
Re: VOG - I think I found a sollution!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 01:35:09 PM »
Here's the URL to the Wellness Light Kids web site http://wellnesslightkids.com/.

If I saw it in Wal-Mart I'd probably buy one bulb just because it's a full spectrum bulb, but, I have a hard time getting that the light would remove the VOC's from a roomful of air. I assume it works by drawing air up and around it causing a convection current, still the amount of air that would pass in its proximity can't be enough to remove a roomful of particulates.

I'll wait until there's some rave reviews. I'd like to know if it removes/transforms SO2.

Kerry

Update: I just discovered that a package of 2 bulbs cost $39.95 + tax and shipping  Yikes!

Sani

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 09:27:29 PM »
Mahalo Kerry!  I'm not sure why I couldn't find it online?  I did find it on amazon.com but I wasn't able to find the site when I searched for it.  I would be willing to pay twice that price for something that actually works.  I cannot stand the VOG anymore.  Not sure how it works either, but it really, really made a difference in our family.  Mahalo again for the assistance in finding this!!

Kerry

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 01:13:59 AM »
You're welcome.

If you come across an explanation of how it works do let us know.

My three theories are:

1) Place the bulb (unshaded lamp) in the center of any room and some unknown type of photons (waves)  zap the VOCs. But, what happens to the zapped VOCs is a mystery. Do they just transform into some element and fall to the floor as dust or what?

2) Place the bulb in a lamp that allows for vertical positioning of the bulb so as to optimize the convection heat current flow passing up around the bulb, thereby drawing air past the bub. But again, what happens to the VOCs/SO2 once they've been zapped?

3) That it's a con, and that any improvement is a manifestation of ones intention, much like a placebo. ;D

Kerry

Sani

Re: VOG - I think I found a solution!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 11:11:28 PM »
I spoke with someone yesterday at the company and they explained how it worked and sent me a couple video links and some info on the product/technology.  I attached them on the bottom.  I don't think it is possible with the positive reaction we all shared, however, I have to say as a constant pessimist myself, I LOVED your #3 option.  I ordered two more boxes :) Mahalo again for your help.

links:

1.  http://video.o2mediainc.com/videolib/2009/QRM/21749/index.html  - Recent interview of Alison Lee, Project Manager for WellnessLight KIDS on TLC

2.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQeECLTQsKY  - Doctor and user's testimonial as well as animation

3.  www.wellnesslightkids.com - website for the product

4.  www.nanostargreen.com - corp website - details the technology

Kerry

• Administrator
Re: VOG - I think I found a solution!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 01:32:10 AM »
Hi Sani,

Thanks for the links. I viewed each of them.

#1 The one with the hyper-energetic young man and woman in the kid's room is too long.

#2. The You Tube video with the "Doc" in a white coat is so poorly done that it belies whatever integrity may be inherent in the product. If the technology does in fact work then it's a breakthrough and shouldn't be touted with typical "slice and dice" ads using seemingly paid actors. The "Doc's" explanation comes across as an actor playing the role of a doctor. The white coat is a bit much and it plays on fears.  He says, the particles come in contact with the surface of the bulb and are "eliminated." This is a lie. His script is written by an unconscious person. Particles may be transformed but the word "eliminated" is a poor choice of a word. For example: With ion generators it's impressive to read, [...you'll notice a pile of sooty-like crap at the bottom of the electrode proving that it's working]. Seems as though if the bulb worked as they say it does there would be a noticeable scattering of transformed particles of something on the table or floor at the end of each day. Could it be that their omission of the description of the transformed particles is similar to food irradiators, in that the killed bacteria etc. get transformed into particles that are themselves questionable for ones health? In other words, do the bulb's zapped particles, because of their limited mass, simply float around the room and are eventually inhaled? What are the health effects of inhaling zapped particles? These are subjects that should have been addressed when researching a product touted to benefit the health of children. I can't imagine that someone affiliated with the product didn't think of and mention these considerations. Perhaps they did and were ignored.

#3 Again, more scam-sounding type promotional stuff rather than communicating the true/ostensible significance of the technology.

#4. Interesting, but I don't see any specs about the bulb itself, proof, etc.

I did discover that the bulb wouldn't suit my lighting requirements. I have no need for any light, especially such a bright one, to be on most of the time. Bedtime reading is where I use a full spectrum bulb but the Wellness... bulb wouldn't be on long enough for me to notice a difference. Perhaps they'll come out with a black light bulb with similar features, it could be then used in bedrooms at night.

Re: "I spoke with someone..." His/her name would be of value, in that way we could quote them. Did you ask "someone" what the bulb does to SO2 particles?

If you've read posts (and click the various links) on this forum you've noticed that my profession as a communication skills coach allows me to think outside the box, as such I have a keen sense for iffy communications. 

Thanks for posting. This thread will help inform others.

Thanks,

Kerry

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal