Author Topic: Chinese knock-offs on Amazon  (Read 1781 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
Chinese knock-offs on Amazon
« on: December 07, 2022, 11:32:26 PM »
Chinese knock-offs on Amazon

Most of us have read about China stealing military secrets or reverse engineering many of our products. We do the same with other's military equipment. However, we have copyright and patent infringement laws for consumer products that other countries don't; or, they have such laws but they aren't strictly enforced.

What I'm noticing on Amazon are the offerings of dozens of rip-offs of products "Made in China." Fellow Chinese merchants are ripping off each other. If you search for cameras or earbuds you'll notice several brands that look to be the same, each with the name of a different Chinese company.

Three times when I couldn't get something to work I ordered another near identical one (different brand). When it arrived it was constructed with the exact same materials, etc. In other words, some Chinese merchants steal from each other.

I don't have a solution. The ideal is to buy from the company that originally made the product. I'm thinking the increasing costs of shipping and for returns will demand that Amazon screen all products for us as does Walmart.

I don't see how Jeff Bezo's (Amazon) business model can last; it's so not green. The ever-increasing costs of fuel for mailing/returning products generate even more greenhouse gases. Jeff uses millions of gallons of gas (including charging batts) each hour with his delivery cars, vans, trains, ships and planes so as to earn a living. Jeff is eventually going to have to ask himself, "Is there a way I can serve, and earn a living, that doesn't accelerate the destruction of the planet?

Last edited 5/5/23

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal