Author Topic: Hawaii first to ban personal fireworks  (Read 1375 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
Hawaii first to ban personal fireworks
« on: November 19, 2021, 01:16:38 AM »
    A rumor I'd like to hear:

Hawaii is the first state to ban sales of fireworks to individuals, to anyone other than a Fireworks Display Permit Holder for authorized displays. I.e. State, county, city, companies and organizations displays for holidays.

A spokesperson for the governor wrote: The recent motivation behind the regulation has to do with the world's goal of limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees; however, here in Hawaii, with our culture of aloha, we are also prompted to honor our elders, vets, and pets, all of whom suffer from the smoke and noise days before, during, and after each holiday.

Popping off a Super Cherry Bomb next door to a senior asthmatic requires a conscious purposeful intention to abuse another. Here in Hawaii, with our Eastern influences, we seem to be more aware of the karma for such abuse.

As a resident, you are advised to call the police immediately if people are popping off firecrackers on your street in front of your house, else, you could be fined as a sponsoring enabler.   

A reporting resident doesn't have to attend the violator's court proceedings; cell phone photos are accepted as evidence. I.e. The person holding-throwing a firecracker, and those (the enablers) in the cell phone picture with him/her, are fined.*

* Concerns for one's neighbors in Hawaii began decades ago when King Kamehameha created the Law of the Splintered Paddle.

"O my people, honor thy God; respect alike [the right of] men great and humble; see to it that our aged, our women, and our children lie down by the roadside without fear or harm. Disobey, and die."

Obviously, we've modified the law a bit. No paddle-killing, just a fine.

Last edited 5/3/23

P.S. Anyone know of someone on the Big Isle who was arrested and fined for illegal fireworks? Specifically, someone called the police, who responded, and you KNOW the violator was charged a fine. Their name is not necessary, simply that you know it happened. Rumor has it that no one has ever been fined because of the time and paperwork involved, ergo, the proposed steep fine.[/list][/size]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal