Author Topic: Biden supports marital fidelity amongst all civil servants  (Read 1181 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
Biden supports marital fidelity amongst all civil servants
« on: August 17, 2021, 05:09:47 AM »
A news report I'd like to read:

Biden announces support of a marital fidelity policy amongst all civil servants.

The White House news release continues: What's been "happening" with us in the middle east, our experiences with Afghanistan and Iraq, suggests that it's time to re-examine our leadership communication skills, the ones taught to education and health-care majors and military cadets alike.

Question: Is there a correlation between our outcomes in Afghanistan and the integrity of our leaders?

General Petraeus was the original Commanding General of all Military Forces in Afghanistan; while responsible for the safety, the physical, financial and spiritual welfare of millions he was also cheating on his wife.* Later, while serving as the Director of the CIA, he continued deceiving his wife, risking all outcomes, it's clear that personal integrity and its effects on results are not being addressed effectively at West Point.

It's not hard to imagine a more effective indicator of our present leadership skills, a more appropriate consequence, than the present in-your-face Taliban--a wake-up call.

It's tempting to blame the general, however, it's not his fault. He was taught to think and communicate that way as a top Cadet at West Point. All generals are surrounded by a community that supports infidelity. No President has dared to insist upon zero deceits in a civil servant's personal relationships; our leaders mirror the integrity of our President.

Premises:
  • All lies and deceits have consequences.
  • The person, the thwarter, who cons a leader into cheating on his/her spouse becomes responsible for the organization's moral, its goals, its prosperity.
  • A leader who supports infidelity (verbally or non-verbally) is stuck in arrogance and sabotage.
  • All of General Petraeus's subordinates (Staff, Advisors, Personal Aids) knew the general was abusing his wife via cheating; none had the integrity to insist he stop. Or, as some would phrase it. none could afford to insist on his fidelity. I.e., "Get verbal permission from your wife, or stop. Else I'd have to tell her, or . . .? In other words, The Cadet Code of Honor is being presented, not communicated. Read: Military Scandals

* "I expect everyone to tell the truth and to honor their agreements but I don't have to."

Last edited 4/3/22[/size]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal