Author Topic: The effects of thwarting another.  (Read 1946 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
The effects of thwarting another.
« on: February 11, 2020, 05:14:15 AM »
During the 70's Werner Erhard (est Training, The Forum) put together a world-class Formula One racing team. Three cars with trailer truck-vans for each car, a hand-picked team of mechanics with state-of-the-art tools, and, a team of videographers to record everything 24/7. We're talking big bucks--all donated by est Graduates.

Werner wanted to record and share the process of how one goes from "not knowing" to mastery. The project was titled, "Breakthrough Racing ..."   Of significance is the fact that prior to the project Werner reportedly hadn't driven a car for six-years and didn't have a driver's license. He had been getting around using taxis and friends.

Spoiler alert, Werner won six out of twelve races.

This post is about something Werner shared during regular briefings with the donors.

I paraphrase:
    First, I had to develop muscles I didn't have just to steer the damn thing. Unlike a passenger car one's arms are fully extended; the word steering isn't accurate, the car veers by intention.

In the beginning, I lost a few races. What I noticed was that whenever someone would approach my rear, positioning themself to pass me, I spent energy and effort trying to thwart him, weaving back and forth, to block his path. I lost races until I focused solely on going forward. I had gone off-purpose; instead of keeping my mind on going forward I had diluted my energies by thwarting another, an addiction left over from childhood no doubt!
BTW: Like Werner, I and most graduates have gone off-purpose when it comes to bringing others along with us; hell, we've been intending President Trump. "It ain't easy being green!"

Something happened and the film was not made public.

Last edited 3/12/24[/size]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal