Author Topic: Hypocrisy, the sickening pandemic  (Read 1738 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
Hypocrisy, the sickening pandemic
« on: January 16, 2019, 01:54:21 AM »
Hypocrisy: "Hypocrisy is the contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclinations, especially with respect to religious and moral beliefs; hence, in a general sense, hypocrisy may involve dissimulation, pretense, or a sham. Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one's own expressed moral rules and principles. --Wikipedia

We are all experiencing the effects of our hypocrisies, specifically our political system and the illusion that we are powerless. We ignore the fact that President Trump merely mirrors our integrity; each of us lying about something significant--living the lie, believing that we want honesty, civility and peace.

We "forget" how, when young, we could see things that adults apparently couldn't see. "Be nice, don't swear, don't lie, don't badmouth, etc.," yet few teens have ever witnessed either parent acknowledge to the other a prior abusive communication. I.e. One parent to the other: "I get what what I said earlier didn't feel good."

Our hypocrisies are driving our children bonkers. For example: One sure way to drive a teen to drugs and deceitful, behind your back, sex is to dump beliefs and "Do as I say..." admonishments in his/her space.

For the past several years one of the great thinkers of our time, Werner Erhard, (founder of The est Training and The Forum), has been delivering courses and lectures about being an effective leader to some of the nation's most intelligent teachers and students. Over two million people have attended one or more Werner-created educational processes yet we look at what's happening in the world and we don't see any evidence that it's working within the government, lest it be that things could be so much worse.

Note: You might rightfully ask, "Why post such irresponsible crap here?" or, "If you're so smart why aren't you doing anything about it?" I get that this is a blaming dump; I post because it works for me. It empties my mind for a few moments; it creates space for me to be, with myself and others. The truth is, I'm still learning how to intend for things to be as they are, specifically, for President Trump, and the rest of us, to be and act, as we do, and he does.

Last edited 7/13/22

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal