Author Topic: School's VP declines promotion to Principal  (Read 3172 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
School's VP declines promotion to Principal
« on: January 01, 2012, 02:08:25 AM »
A newspaper article I'd like to see:

School's Vice Principal declines promotion to Principal

Due to the present Principal's promotion to a DOE admin position, the Vice Principal of a Big Isle high school was offered the position of Principal.

To most everyone's amazement, the Vice Principal announced that she respectfully declined the proffered promotion to Principal.

States the VP, I don't see how any leader can accept responsibility for an organization's results unless all the employees are first terminated, after which the new leader may hire/rehire his/her own staff/employees so as to have a totally aligned team; I simply don't have the leadership-communication skills to effect such a change in policy.

Note: The word totally is redundant. It's used here to ensure that the word aligned is fully understood.

For example: Most always some teachers thwart their fellow educators during a strike when the majority would be willing to strike until the stated conditions have been met; in short, personal motivations usually take precedence over the visions of its leaders.

Another example: Few teachers in any school agree to teaching to an agreed upon a measurable standard. An analogy of this lack of agreement can be imagined if each football team member were allowed to insist upon playing according to their own philosophies. i.e.  "I want to emphasize teamwork over winning." "I think we should concentrate on teaching players to think creatively." "I think we should set aside our beliefs about training, etc. and align ourselves with the coach's philosophy." 

Last edite 4/3/22

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal