Why it's unlikely I'll be President of the USA

xx Why it's unlikely I'll be President of the USA
May 07, 2008, 02:15:54 AM by Kerry
Jacques-Yves Cousteau, said, when asked what it would take to effect a transformation in the world, specifically for industries to stop polluting the planet, "Only a benevolent green dictator could effect the necessary changes." (paraphrased)

The following could be thought of as my platform for the office of President of the United States. Not to worry, as you read you'll see why it's highly unlikely that anyone would ask me.

• Zero population growth for Hawaii until self sustainability has been reached and sustained for ten years in a row. This includes an immigration law—one in one out. A strict moratorium on new construction. All it takes is an intention to have Hawaii be self sustainable, requiring no oil or food from elsewhere.
  • Once an area has been inundated by a force of nature, (i.e. Kapoho, Katrina) no future reimbursements will be granted property owners in that area. In other words, the government would not rebuild the levies.
  • The U.S. would either withdraw its membership to the United Nations or immediately honor its dues debt. If a leader, the President of the United States, condones breaking financial agreements he/she automatically grants permission to the populace to not honor agreements.
  • All subsidies to tobacco farmers would cease.
  • Advertising by the pharmaceutical companies would be banned the same as hard liquor ads.
  • The federal government would fund an Advanced Communications Studies Program for Educators. All educators would be required to attend one weekend-long communication skills workshop each year.
  • All references to God or religion will be removed from government structures and communications.
  • All new buildings must be no higher than what the tallest fire truck ladder can reach.
  • Complete free health care for everyone.

More:

Kerry

Write a Comment:

Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment!

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

Comments:

No comments have been posted for this post yet.