Author Topic: Sarah Palin acknowledges responsibility for daughter's baby  (Read 4807 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
News release I'd like to read:

It finally dawned on me that the continuing interest about my daughter’s pregnancy and her former boyfriend, the fact that the media is still searching for more, is due partly because I haven't publicly acknowledged my responsibility in the matter.

It’s now clear that I had been operating under the assumption that I had been in-communication with my daughter Bristol and her then boyfriend Levi Johnston. I had become stuck doing my imitation of communication which I see now generates withholds and deceit.

Obviously, Bristol was both afraid and embarrassed to let me know that she was thinking of having sex. Had I been in communication with her, had I been a safe space for the truth to be told, we’d all be having different conversations now.

I had been so unconscious, my mind was so cluttered with my own incompletes, I couldn’t experience Bristol’s non-verbal withholds, the thoughts she was hiding from me. I didn’t know she was having sex in our house, that they were sneaking behind my back, hiding it from me and her father. In other words, my integrity was so out that I couldn’t see that hers was also. As embarrassing as it is I have to acknowledge that I trained her to be deceitful.

What’s also true is that I had not sat them both down with his parents and discussed the possibilities and my expectations. I didn’t tell Bristol, in front of them, that if she unconsciously conned him into impregnating her that she would be effecting each other’s income for 18+ years. 

I can see how the public has been justifiably concerned about my leadership-communication skills given that I had not been able to inspire my own daughter to communicate openly, honestly, or spontaneously with me, specifically to honor agreements (the implied agreement to abstain from sex) to walk the talk regards abstinence. Worse yet, I did not educate her as to the unethicalness of her conning a young man into deceiving his parents (him having sex behind their backs). Conversely, I didn’t tell her that any boy who would support her in deceiving her parents would not be welcome in our family.

The public's feedback about my naivete, my obvious ignorance of certain things, has finally sunk in. I see now that my integrity set up life to reveal that I have in fact been unconscious, and for that realization I’m most grateful. —SP

Facts:

On 4/29/09 a copy of this post was emailed to Governor Palin's website Contact Us Form. There was no acknowledgment of receipt, nor any reply.

On 5/4/09 this Potential Rumor was posted here.

On 7/3/09 Governor Palin announced she was resigning as Governor.

On 7/18/10 US Magazine announced Bristol's plans to marry Levi

Addendum:

I want everyone to know how embarrassed I am to once again experience being the cause for deceit in my relationship with my daughter Bristol. Here I am presenting myself to the country as a leader capable of inspiring integrity and I don't even have an honest relationship with my daughter. It's becoming clear that I have yet to learn how to create a safe space for the truth to be told. I'm ashamed that I have trained Bristol to withhold thoughts from me because of fear of my obvious self-righteous reactions. —SP

Last edited 1/28/24

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal