Author Topic: About fatigue  (Read 10134 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
About fatigue
« on: July 31, 2008, 01:28:46 PM »
“About fatigue” was posted by "Anonymous" via the Teen Topic Request Form. The poster was concerned about fatigue.

Hi Anonymous,

I’m assuming that you are having a problem with fatigue and that you are familiar with the common factors, insufficient sleep and poor diet (quite possibly carrying around too much weight). Another typical factor is stress triggered by too much work, not enough play (a combination of class-load, work, chores and homework) so I’ll address the not so common factors. Or, are you asking for someone else?

Let’s begin with the assumption that if you were whole and complete, if you were in integrity, that your activities and life style would be generating energy not sapping it.

What most people don’t realize is that thoughts have weight and mass. If you look at some old people you can see that they are sullen and lifeless and for the most part unhappy. Some are actually bent over from carrying their "burdens." They’ve accumulated a lifetime of unacknowledged perpetrations. They’ve never learned to share their thoughts solely for the purpose of emptying their mind. None have been acknowledge completely for all their accomplishments and their “failures.” In other words, they are out integrity; they are not whole and complete. Something is missing or some things have been added.  What have they added? They are carrying around extra stuff (lots of guilt and anger). What are they missing? They are missing some important communications from others, especially “I love you” from family members, and, most likely no one has ever acknowledged their magnificence.

It’s important to have someone with whom you can share all of your thoughts, especially the weird “sick” ones. I believe that all pedophilia starts with one thought that is not shared with one’s parents or spouse—for zillions of reasons. It’s a rare parent who has developed the communications skills to be a safe space for the truth to be told. Most teens have to hide lots of thoughts. This deceit costs them their aliveness, their energy, their sharpness during studying and test taking and ultimately it begins to effect their health. Carrying around withholds (thoughts you’ve hidden for reasons) you may have with your parents or teachers saps not only your energy it affects all with whom you relate.

If you don’t have anyone to confide with then Journaling (free flow diary-like entries until there’s nothing more to write) each night, or the free Clearing Process works very well.

While I'm thinking of it. If you find yourself going unconscious while reading you'll always always find that you went past a word that you were not clear about its definition. Reading with a paperback dictionary by your side helps.

I’ll add more later if you can be more specific about your fatigue and what you think is causing it.

With aloha,

Kerry

FesCouts73

About fatigue
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 05:50:56 PM »
like i sais, i started running the 400 meters this year and when fatigue really sets in me i dont know what to think about. i tried thinking about finishing but it just dont work to great.

Kerry

• Administrator
Re: About fatigue
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 01:12:16 AM »
Hi FesCouts73,

What works for me when jogging is to concentrate solely on my breathing. If I find myself thinking thoughts other than about breathing then I've gone unconscious and the running becomes fatiguing.

I do what's called "Connected Breathing" or Conscious Breathing—a spin-off of a process referred to as Rebirthing. Rebirthing was introduced by Leonard Orr in the ‘70’s. Done with a trained facilitator it supports one in remembering and completing their birth experience. My rebirthing experience remains one of the most powerful transformative experiences of my life. I believe breathwork as a fad petered out because a facilitator/coach must be operating from impeccable integrity. People were being trained as breathwork facilitators without being required to clean up life’s perpetrations. If the facilitator is dragging around any unacknowledged incompletes (broken agreements, lies, abuses, deceits, perpetrations) they simply can’t optimize the potential of the process. Incompletes serve as barriers to the experience of communication. When breathwork is facilitated by someone who is out-integrity (someone who is themselves incomplete) the breather has a powerful experience, similar to most massages, but not transformational, not awesome enough to run out and rave about it to others. In fact one doesn’t have to say anything about it to a friend, close friends experience a difference, it’s an aura thing. Ergo, breathwork hasn’t been shared and so few know about the process any more.

The way to do connected breathing is to inhale fully and when your lungs are full don't pause (don't hold your breath) and breath out, completely exhaling. When your lungs are empty, and without any pause whatsoever, begin inhaling and fill up the lungs again. When the lungs are full, and without any pausing whatsoever, begin exhaling. What you end up with is inhaling and exhaling without pauses, connecting each breath with the next. The number of breaths per minute increases, so much so that it sounds like you're running a race even when lying down.

It's not as easy as it sounds. If you try it by yourself laying on your back you’ll most likely get stuck on a thought within a few breaths; without a facilitator to remind you to breath (to stay conscious) you’ll just go unconscious.

It's possible you've seen videos of women giving birth. They are prompted to breath. Eventually they find themselves connecting their breaths and breathing very fast (focusing solely on their breathing) which helps take their mind off of the pain. It looks and sounds like a lot of work.

If you've never done any breathwork or breathed this way, what happens is the breathing releases any emotions you've been stuffing throughout life. The value of doing breathwork using a facilitator to support you (reminding you to breath) is that as you breath, your mind gets stuck on a specific thought and stops breathing, sometimes for 2 or more minutes. The facilitator then says, "Breath" which reminds you to breath which wakes you up and keeps you conscious. An important part of the process is the conversations that get triggered by the breathing. A skilled communicator can get your thoughts and the pain/sadness associated with a specific holding of the breath.

One of the primary benefits to breathwork is it opens the door to true intercourse. When you breath together with a lover (if you synchronize your breathing with your partner's) it results in awesome sensations and an experience of love (assuming the couple have an agreement to communicate openly, honestly, and spontaneously, zero significant withholds). Ironically, the word conspire means to breath together.

Kerry

Last edited 3/18/18

FesCouts73

About fatigue
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 12:13:56 AM »
thanx for the advice guys. now, ive been doin 400m for 2 years and i tried all the methods to not think about fatigue and the one that works for me is not to think about the fatigue that settles in, keep striding, high knees, and i also tell myself that the crowd is cheerin for me. sometimes i dont even have to tell myself that, i just think about winnin and gettin to that finish line as fast as i can. i went from a 55.8 to a 54.56, im proud of myself for that but i know i can do better.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal