Author Topic: Hawaii Trucker Teamsters vote low beams  (Read 3952 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
Hawaii Trucker Teamsters vote low beams
« on: July 20, 2008, 05:18:59 AM »
News release I'd like to read:

Recently a local resident attended a Hawaii Trucker Teamsters meeting and asked for permission to address the truckers. Given permission, the resident, who asked to remain anonymous, then asked the teamsters, "I know that all of you know that some of you insist on driving with your headlights on high beams during daylight hours and refuse to dim even when an oncoming driver flashes to remind you. I'm here today to ask if you all would support all truckers in driving with headlights on low beam during daylight hours. Thank you."

The chairperson acknowledged that he too was bothered by this inconsiderate decades old policy, ostensibly in support of safety but in truth having just the opposite effect because it temporarily negatively affects some light sensitive drivers. He then asked for a show of hands if anyone wished to voice a consideration against the guest speaker's request. None raised their hands. "Give me a show of hands for adopting a new policy of using low beams during daylight hours." The vote was unanimous.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal