Author Topic: Considerations about "The Healer" -- a TV series.  (Read 1772 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
Considerations about "The Healer" -- a TV series.
« on: November 22, 2017, 03:08:45 AM »
The TV series titled The Healer portrays Charlie Goldsmith who has a unique ability to disappear or significantly minimize a person's ailment using energy and intention. Most often a "treatment" causes a greater range of motion with considerably less, or no pain.

Charlie spends a very few minutes asking some questions about the location and intensity (1 -10) of the pain. He uses this feedback as an indicator of any difference after his brief (2-3 minute) treatment.  He then closes his eyes and harnesses a baseball-size energy ball between his hands (his hands are hovering above his lap) and mentally directs the energy to the affected area in the patient's body. Sometimes he places his hand a few inches from the affected area; at other times he places a hand directly on the patient.

All patients report confusion and amazement at the change in pain intensity or the new-found painless motions of a previously painful motion-restricting arm, leg, or back.* 

To the recipient of a treatment this gift is experienced as a miracle but without the beliefs—often religious words or prayers—usually associated with miraculous healing.

My consideration about the obvious healings is that the process, healing via energy and intention, does not appear to address the source of an ailment. In other words, Charlie does not ask the patient when it began. He doesn't ask what thought comes to mind when they look to see if their health condition is possibly a consequence of some incomplete, an out-integrity or a prior unacknowledged perpetration (see Communications in Support of Health). Most importantly, it doesn't address ones unconscious intentions to have had the ailment.

I'm looking forward to follow-ups as to the permanence of each patient's ailment.**

* Having suffered intense pain myself I'm surprised at the reactions of each "healed" patient. Just watching the process I'm often moved to tears (re-experiencing the immediate relief from pain via morphine for a gunshot wound in Vietnam) yet none of the patients communicated immense appreciation or joy. Most non-verbally communicate surprise and doubt. It appears that they first doubt that the pain is less or gone; one can see them looking for it and it's not there.

** If a significant percentage of healings are permanent then the process disappears both the source (the cause, wiping clean the karmic slate so to speak) of a health problem (including an unconscious intention to have had the problem) and the result (its manifestation, its pain, its symptoms, etc.).  In religious terms the process appears to force one to forgive oneself and all others, to complete a specific (usually childhood) incomplete.

Last edited 7/23/22

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal