Author Topic: United passenger abuse  (Read 1258 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
United passenger abuse
« on: April 11, 2017, 05:16:19 AM »
What I've seen/heard is that a passenger was forceably removed from a United Airlines flight.

I'm not hearing answers/explanations for my considerations.

My frame of reference is that 40 years ago I used to do lots of flying to and from military bases, for leaves, vacations, etc. I would sign up for standby and sit intending no-shows. Once my name had been called and my ticket accepted I was locked in, even if a no-show suddenly appeared. If a no-show appeared after I was accepted the tardy customer would then go to top of the remaining standby list but I would never be removed.

Here's another confusion about the way the incident has been reported:

I'm still not clear whether the passenger was first "asked" if he would be willing to...

The reportage suggests that the security officer pretended to "ask," but infact he was commanding the passenger, "Sir, come with me." What was also being communicated non-verbally is: "You have no choice. Come now; if you don't come you will be forceably  removed!"  The passenger picked up on the premeditated physical abuse of the officer and had no choice other than to resist being abused. In other words, it appears that the officer deceived the passenger into thinking he had a choice, when in fact he had no choice other than to comply. If this be the case, the alleged "ask" was in truth a command.

For example: When I ask someone for anything I must intend a yes (and, be prepared, create space for, a no), else, I am manipulating the person for the answer I want; they do not have a clear choice. Many divorced men eventually discover the effects of conning their spouse-to-be when they first met, because, if the woman had been conscious she would never have walked across the floor to ask him for a dance. She had no experience of having chosen him, ergo. the resentment of being party to a co-created-con had been stored until negotiating/controlling the divorce conditions.

Last edited: 8/24/17 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal