Author Topic: Excellent medical marijuana permit doctor  (Read 2626 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
Excellent medical marijuana permit doctor
« on: April 06, 2017, 06:10:12 AM »
Dr. Russell Down (808-928-8019) has been the go-to doctor for Big Island medical marijuana permits for years. Dr. Down began servicing the Big Isle back when most local doctors were unwilling to do so.

What prompts me to acknowledge Russell and his partner Barbara* is that he spends more time with me than any other doctor I've ever known; he's a counselor, coach, adviser and friend to boot.  I've never experienced any sense of a time limit for each appointment or any limit of what can and can't be discussed with him (especially significant because there is usually another patient waiting). He's a veritable wealth of information about adaptogens (a holistic approach to the immune system).  Due to his counsel I've discover the benefits of eleuthero, a.k.a. (Siberian Gingseng) and Schisandra). He's a genuine old-time, grandfatherly, house-call type of doctor.

Even though my medical condition (Vietnam bullet wound and its associated complications) is permanent the law requires that I meet with him each year to renew the permit application.**

Last edited 12/17/20

* The in-processing with Barbara at the beginning of each appointment is a pleasant calming part of the appointment; she's a truly loving supportive person—in service to everyone.

** The doctor and I have discussed the present policy of the state taking advantage of anyone's need for medication, especially veterans, by making them pay for renewing the permit ($37.50) and the Dr's appointment ($125.00) each and every year. None of Hawaii's legislators have effectively addressed this specific problem. The ideal of course is legalization; I don't know of any legislator from Hawaii intending legalization.

P.S. I offer my services [pro bono] as a Leadership-Relationship Communication-Skills Coach to help compose and edit a bill proposing legalization; without coaching it's virtually impossible to have such a bill approved the first time. Legislators, like education majors, have only been "introduced" to the principles and fundamentals of communication—ergo, none have a coach on speed-dial for feedback. I.e.  "Coach, this bill I'm about to submit is extremely important. I'd like your feedback about how I've worded it and my presentation; specifically, what can we do to ensure its success?"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal