Author Topic: The health of our healthcare professionals?  (Read 1402 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
The health of our healthcare professionals?
« on: October 11, 2016, 04:30:23 AM »
Thoughts about the health of our healthcare professionals?

The majority of our nation's healthcare professionals and their patients are overweight—all dragging around 20+ lbs of energy-sapping extra weight.

Premise: The way to keep another stuck is to hypocritically offer them counsel and advice that hasn't consistently worked for you or your own family.
    One of the things I respect and admire about Dr. Magg (Hilo Veterans Clinic) is that he walks the talk; his counsel comes from knowing (he even coaches his son's baseball team). His own health, body weight, energy and aliveness is exemplary. I've never heard him badmouth the VA or anyone; his behavior is consistent with his purpose—to support health.
I have considerations about any organization, especially ones with the mission of supporting mental and physical well-being, in which the person being paid to be the leader has yet to develop the leadership-communication skills it takes to inspire healthy choices, beginning within his/her own organization.

What we "clients-patients" see throughout most of the healthcare community is a large number of overweight nurses, receptionists, and office staff. An overweight receptionist does not inspire health; it reveals that the integrity of the boss is out (subordinates always mirror the integrity of their leader) and, that the person assigned* to be the "office manager" is in fact stuck somewhere in the process-of-becoming-a-manager; he/she has yet to know (from direct experience) the correlation between personal integrity and results.** 

An overweight healthcare professional knows a lot about health*** and understands the correlation between personal integrity and outcomes for themselves and all with whom they relate; however, their understanding serves as a barrier to knowing.  I.e. A Navy SEAL's spouse keeps her agreements and supports spousal fidelity throughout the Navel Special Warfare community in support of favorable outcomes for everyone; whereas, all healthcare professionals know of at least one person in their organization who is involved in one or more deceptions—these ostensibly "good" people non-verbally enable the deception and it's consequences—oblivious of the correlation between personal integrity and results (such as healing).

* "assigned" meaning—that a qualified office "manager" knows how to manage and meet goals whereas someone in the "process-of-becoming" a manager tries and keeps others stuck.

** "direct experience" A late patient or a "No show" is thought to be the irresponsible patient's fault (or the way things are) rather than it being an integrity issue, a reminder; perhaps the receptionist left home that morning having verbally abused their spouse without acknowledging the abuse, without cleaning it up (list of integrity variables that affect outcomes).

*** An unhealthy/overweight health-care professional reveals that they are still thwarting the wisdom of their parents and their high school biology, exercise, and nutrition teachers; as such they communicate that what's being taught doesn't work. Patients mirror the integrity of their healers. 

Note 1: It is unethical to receive money for acting as a manager and making one's own financial survival more important than doing what to takes to inspire a subordinate's health. Leadership requires impeccable integrity. I.e. Honor time and financial agreements, zero gossip and badmouthing, keep personal relationships clean. 

Note 2: I'm unaware of any VA clinic staff member that begins each appointment with an In-Processing Integrity Clearing. For example: "What thought comes to mind when you think of what your ailment might be about?" Or, "Let's assume that your pain is a consequence of an incomplete; for what would you like to be acknowledged?" Virtually all veterans with PTSD have one or more significant thoughts they are withholding from a significant person; there are no exceptions to this phenomenon. Put another way, a vet isn't addressing the source of an ailment if they are dragging around an unacknowledged perpetration they have hidden from a significant person—to include acknowledging all of life's perpetrations (first lie, first deception, first temper tantrum, first theft, first fight, first blame).

Last edited 7/26/23

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal