Author Topic: Big Island candidates agree--no more sign waving  (Read 3515 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
Big Island candidates agree--no more sign waving
« on: July 01, 2012, 06:27:31 AM »
A news report I'd like to read

Big Island candidates agree--no more road-side sign waving

Big Island candidates running for office have pledged to not wave distracting road signs. A spokesperson for the candidates writes, "We all agree that trying to get a driver to take his/her eyes off the road is self-serving and an unsafe practice; it doesn't serve those we wish to serve.  It's just a matter of time before the inevitable fatal car accident due to a driver being distracted by a candidate's roadside sign and wavings; no candidate wants that distinction."

We're also considering doing away with telephone campaign calls and surveys. Most everyone agrees that receiving such calls are an inconvenience. We have blatantly and arrogantly ignored the wants of our citizens. The belief, "My wants/needs are more important than what you're doing when I call," is in fact arrogant and inconsiderate. It doesn't serve to interrupt another's serenity and privacy. We have agreed to add political calls and surveys to the national Do Not Call list.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal