Author Topic: Auwe — H. R. Block violating the Do Not Call agreement  (Read 4381 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
Auwe — H. R. Block violating the Do Not Call agreement
« on: December 03, 2010, 01:22:28 AM »
Shame on H.R. Block for their auto-dialing tax offer to those on the National Do Not Call Registry (DNC) list. The DNC list is for those who indicate that they don't want to receive telemarketing calls from businesses. https://www.donotcall.gov/

I'm on the national Do Not Call list and received a call (12/3/10) from H.R. Block. The call was from an auto-dialing machine with a voice message. They know they are supposed to check the DNC list and purposefully didn't.

It's not just that their local or national headquarters staff violated the law, the local H.R. Block reps didn't call and chew them out.

It's amazing that they'd risk the karma of abuse (it's abusive to dump a communication in the space of another when the person says "no." —tantamount to date rape). For a CEO to make such a decision reveals that he/she has total disregard for your privacy and the importance of what you were doing when the phone rang. It communicates, "I know the law but my success is more important than what you want/what you are doing."

This post can be deleted by the CEO of H.R. Block personally posting an acknowledgment that they know they violated the DNC agreement.

The above URL can be used to "File a Complaint" but it's time consuming.

Kerry

Update (3/27/15): I haven't received any calls since posting the above.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal