Author Topic: Hawaii adds to the Do Not Call list  (Read 4301 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
Hawaii adds to the Do Not Call list
« on: June 12, 2010, 02:34:47 AM »
A news report I’d like to read.

Hawaii adds to the Do Not Call list

Unsolicited surveys, political communications, announcements, and, calls initiated by auto-dialing software, have been added to Hawaii's DNC (Do Not Call) list. No more irritating, intrusive, abusive interruptions by surveyors and politicians who honestly believe that their job is more important than a homeowner’s time and right to privacy.

Hawaii residents are advised to immediately hang up on all calls from solicitors, surveyors, and politicians*—do not even waste your time trying to report a caller. These intrusive calls with the implied premise; "My time and mission is more important than whatever you're doing" have blatantly ignored Hawaii's legacy of aloha and another's right to privacy and tranquility at home. Such professions and endeavors invalidate a person's ability to design a way of making a living without violating anothers right to peace and privacy at home.

If you receive a phone call from a political candidate you automatically know that they do not have your well-being foremost on their mind; in truth they are more concerned about winning than in supporting your right to privacy. It's not that they don't know we object to such calls; they know and disregard what they know to be the truth. Their call communicates; "My ego is such that I believe that what I'm doing is more important than your time and what you were doing before I interrupted you."

To post a reply/comment in support of refining this intention please register (free). 

* When you answer a call and say, "Hello" and you don't immediately hear a person (it mean that the auto-dialing machine has detected that it has reached a "live one" and is switching to a live person or their recorded message). Hang up immediately.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal