Author Topic: Keaau Natural Foods — 15% discount for seniors everyday  (Read 4656 times)

Kerry

• Administrator
Keaau Natural Foods — 15% discount for seniors everyday
« on: January 15, 2010, 02:46:29 PM »
I recently wrote a welcoming letter to Mark Fergusson, the manager of Down to Earth, Hilo's newest health food store. Among other topics I asked Mark if he would be offering a discount to seniors. I mentioned that the $5 credit one earns after ringing up $300 worth of items at DTE is the lowest (1.6%) of all Big Island health food stores, and an irritating extra step during checkout (presenting the Member Card) and, that many like myself who would like to support DTE's success would have to continue to shop at Keaau Natural Foods for the big ticket items because KNF offers 15% discounts to seniors everyday. Mark's reply did not address my consideration; as of 1/16/10 DTE clerks report that there are no plans for senior discounts. Auwe.

Keaau Natural Foods continues to provide outstanding service. I have known Wes, the manager, for about 22 years. He is extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to answers questions about health concerns. I attribute several of my health successes to Wes.

FYI: Island Naturals offers a regular 5% discount and 15% discounts on non-sale items and vitamins every other Sunday (it's hard to keep track of which Sunday).

Update: 2/21/10 Since posting the above Down to Earth has featured a one-day 15% discount to seniors. Congratulations!. The ideal would be that it be everyday (as with Keaau Natural Foods) because many seniors only come to town once on the same day each week.

Update: Since posting the above update Down to Earth has closed their store in Hilo.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal